1. This website (the ‘Site’) is owned and operated by Kashi House CIC (‘KH’, also referred to here as ‘we’ and ‘us’).
Our approach to your privacy
3. We do not ask you to disclose any more information than is reasonably necessary to enable you to participate in an activity on the Site and to ensure that the Site is in keeping with our customers’ needs.
Disclosure of information to third parties
4. We do not generally disclose personal information we have collected from you through the Site to third parties. We may do so sometimes, in which case we will say so when the information is collected and you will be able to inform us that you do not want us to do this. This will not stop you enjoying the Site, you can simply tell us that you are happy for us to have the information so you can take part in the activities we offer, but that you do not want us to pass that information on.
The information we collect and how we use it
6. We store and use your comments and the information you volunteer regarding your specified subject interests and any orders in order to shape our future publishing and marketing strategy and also so that we might send you targeted information about new products and services from KH in the future.
7. When you subscribe to receive any of our email newsletters we ask for your email address number so that we can send you the material that you want.
8. On all informative emails and newsletters that we send, we give you the option to unsubscribe.
9. When you enter competitions, we usually ask you for your name, email and residential address. This is so that we can let you know if you have won anything, send you your prize and let other people (such as other users of the Site, the public and our own employees) know about our competitions and their winners.
10. When you purchase items on the Site, we may need to pass on your name, address and payment details to the third parties who help us to fulfil your order. We do not store your credit or debit card details.
11. We store information regarding which books you have bought in the past via the Site, in order that we might send you information about new editions or similar books in the future (unless you tell us not to do so – see Clause 17 below).
12. We monitor customer traffic patterns and Site usage to help us understand which areas of the Site are most popular so that we might better develop the design and structure of the Site. We track the following information on the Site anonymously, or as ‘aggregate’ data:
- users’ ISP’s, the domain names of the pages from which users come to the Site
- users’ browsers and operating systems
Unless you tell us otherwise, we may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to the Site, new KH services, new books in your area of interest and special offers we think you may be interested in.
13. We only keep the personal information you submit for these purposes until we have made use of it in these ways.
Protection of customer information
14. As required by the UK Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access.
16. We welcome comments and suggestions which will help us improve the Site. Please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kashi House CIC
27 Old Gloucester Street
London WC1N 3AX, UK
T: +44 (0)203 371 9498
F: +44 (0)203 031 1258